Programs & Events
BRICKS 4 KIDZ®
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
- This is a hands-on class where students will design and build machines, catapults, pyramids, derby cards, buildings and other constructions out of LEGO® bricks. While exploring engineering, architecture and physics, students will develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Participants build a new project each month. Architectural concepts are taught while assembling buildings, bridges and other structures.
- Once the project is completed, children use the rest of their time to expand their gadgets and collaborate with one another
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on math and science.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams.
- Part of the curriculum will include the construction of a scaled model of their elementary school.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
- For children to play and socialize with friends while learning fundamentals of engineering and architecture in a noncompetitive setting.
- To build problem-solving skills, provide an opportunity for creative expression and foster an appreciation of how things work.
- To help students understand that Architecture and Engineering are viable career choices.
- Kids already know how to build with LEGO® bricks, but with a little coaching they can learn engineering, architecture and concepts of physics and mathematics using the plastic components.
- Students will develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
We learn, we build, we play with LEGO® Bricks